October 26, 2014

What I miss about Leuven /2

Yesterday, I went back to the beautiful city of Leuven for a date with my friends. They all still live there or come there regularly so they didn't really get why I went crazy coming back in my second home town. Okay, it was only two months since I had last been there but still... I've missed it. All those great and wonderful places... Which places, you say? Well, these places:

LA CUCARACHA

source
I discovered this Mexican restaurant only in April of this year and boy, am I sorry. Had I known this existed four years ago, I could have enjoyed a lot more of this delicious food... and there even more delicious margaritas. No kidding, they serve the best margaritas in all of Leuven here in this place. Like I said before, I discovered this cute restaurant way too late but in those few months I had left, I must have gone there about 6 or 7 times... in two or three months time. That's good food, baby!
Tiensestraat 21
3000 Leuven

THE GRASSHOPPER

source
I'm not really a childfriendly person. If I can avoid little children, I will. According to a lot of my female friends, that's weird BUT that doesn't mean I've gotten out of touch with my inner child. On the contrary, I'm even kind of prout of my inner child, so much so that my inner child is pretty much equal to my outer child. For example, Disney's Aladdin is upon this day my favourite movie of all time.
Anyway, one of my friends is really into her inner child too and she loves to come here to shop for her babysit-kids or let's face it: for her own. And I must admit, if I had a little godchild or niece or nephew, I would totally buy everything in this place. Go check it out if you're looking for a cute present for your little one.
Mechelsestraat 24a
3000 Leuven

CARLISSE

source
This is where I usually hang out with my friends whenever we meet up. I'm not sure why I like it so much or why it's different from the 100 other cafes in Leuven but there's something I really like about this place. Maybe it's the homemade ice teas, the peanuts you still have to peel or the nachos but to me it's the whole atmosphere that makes me come back everytime. Plus, it's not at the Oude Markt which is always very busy. At Carlisse, it's usually busy but still cosy (and not I-can't-breath-busy as at the Oude Markt).
Carlisse
Arendstraat 1
3000 Leuven

If you want to check out more of my favourite places in Leuven, check out my previous post about what I miss about Leuven! And don't worry, I still have a lot more places to share so this will be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment