July 28, 2014

Chocolate covered strawberry popsicles.

aardbei-ijsjes met chocolade
It's actually been hot these last couple of days! Okay, today it started raining and it looks like it will continue to rain for a little while longer (gotta love Belgian weather) but when I was preparing for this post it was hot. Trust me. So anyway, I needed to cool down and my friends just recently bought me new popsicle molds. Add 1 and 1 together and you see where I'm going with this. Strawberry being my favorite summer fruit and chocolate being great with everything (especially strawberries), I didn't need to think long about getting a recipe together. Did I get your interest? GOOD! Behind the break, you'll find the (super simple) recipe. Only 3 ingredients needed!

Ingredients

(depending on your molds, you'll need different quantities of each. So I just put down the ingredients without quantities. I think you'll need to experiment a little with that... But don't worry, if you made to much of the strawberry mash, you can add some orange juice and you'll have a lovely smoothie)
  • strawberries
  • splash of water
  • chocolate

Preparation

  1. Cut the green thingy of the strawberries and put them in a bowl. Puree them with a mixer or in a blender.
  2. Add a little bit of water to your strawberry mash. Mix again.
  3. Pour in your molds and let it freeze overnight (or for a few hours until frozen).
  4. Melt some chocolate and dip the frozen popsicles in it. Put in the freezer again.
  5. When the chocolate is hard, they're ready to be eaten. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment