April 18, 2014

Crab salad.

I actually have no idea if I translated the title well. But anyway:
This crab salad is a favourite here at our house. We used to buy this at the supermarket until my mom realised we could easily make this ourselves. So she started experimenting. Weirdly enough, whenever my mom experiments with something it turns out good from the first try. That NEVER happens to me, there's always something wrong with my first try - and usually the second too. Anyway, I thought I'd share our family recipe in case there's anyone out there who's tired of always eating cheese with their slice of bread. Because I sure am! And besides, doesn't this dish look perfect for spring with the bright colors?

Ingredients

Note: you don't need to use these exact measurements, the great thing about this recipe is you can add as much of anything as you want. If you think there's too much fish in it, you can add more eggs or use less fish. It's up to you!
  • 4 hard-boiled eggs
  • a package of surimi sticks (ours is about 250g)
  • mayonaise
  • chives
  • pepper and salt

Preparation

  1.  Crush the eggs with a fork.
  2. Cut the surimi sticks in small pieces
  3. Cut the chives in even smaller pieces.
  4. Put the eggs, surimi and chives together in a bowl and add mayonaise (as much as you like)
  5. Mix it all together. Season with salt and pepper. And your done.
  6. I topped it off with garlic chives (yes, that really exists) for the first time and I actually liked it very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment