January 20, 2014

10 things you didn't know about me.

I don't really have a good reason for this post, but I don't think I need one either. I just thought it might be fun to share 10 random facts about me. Some things you may know already and others will be new (and possibly weird) information. But everyone has its quirkiness, right?
  1. My friends don't know this blog exists.
    I realise that I'm mainly talking to myself here. That's probably because I don't tell people I blog. I'm a little embarrased to say that I take pictures of everything and keep a notebook with ideas for a blog post. Besides, my friends are not really the blogging-type of people either. I'm just afraid they would think it's silly and that they would secretly laugh at me.
  2. I work in a supermarket.
    On sundays I work at Delhaize (a large supermarket chain here in Belgium). I work at the meat counter (don't know if that's translated well, Google Translate helped me out), you know, the place where you get your bacon and ham, your charcuterie and stuff. I've been working there for a little over half a year and actually enjoy it too.
  3. I always wanted a pet tiger.
    Aladdin has always been my favorite movie… still is actually. I loved how Yasmine's pet tiger always protected her and tigers are my favorite animals so that all together made me beg my parents for a pet tiger. I whined and nagged all day long but they refused to buy me a tiger.. I still don't understand why not! I swear one day I'll buy a cat and call it Rajah!
  4. Boysbands are my guilty pleasure.
    Make fun of me as much as you want, I love the Backstreet Boys, Boyzone, Westlife and of course Five. They were a huge part of my childhood and I mean it when I say that I still enjoy their '90s classics. I can go crazy on 'Everybody' from the Backstreet boys and dance my ass of on 'Everybody get up' from Five. I'm a boysbandlover and I'm proud of it!
  5. I love getting phone calls but I'm afraid to dial a number.
    My boyfriend thinks I'm really weird because of this: I H A T E calling someone on the phone, even when it's just to reserve a table in a restaurant or something, I just avoid it as much as possible. But whenever I hear my phone ringing I get really excited because I feel so popular someone is calling me. I know this makes me sound like a dork… But let's face it: I am a dork!
  6. On that note: I don't own a smartphone.
    Yep, that's right! I don't have a smartphone, let along an iPhone (which are crazy expensive here in Belgium, by the way! € 700 for a phone? Didn't think so!). I never used Instagram, don't know what Snapchat is and I've heard there's something called Whatsapp? Don't know what it is though… And as I'm writing this I realise these apps are way old too, no?
    I got an iPhone 4 for Christmas from my parents... Didn't see that one coming! Best gift ever! But I still don't know how to properly use it though.. Technology is not my best friend, I'll tell ya!
  7. I don't really love French Fries.
    I know I should be ashamed of this. French fries (which are actually Belgian, I can't repeat it enough) are practically our national dish and I'm not loving them. I mean, I like them from time to time but contrary to a lot of other Belgians I don't like to eat them at a weekly basis. I'm just not feeling it, sorry!
  8. I wonder if I might be autistic.
    First of all, it's an exaggeration, I don't really have autism. It's just that I love certain things in a certain way and I neeeed a plan. Not that I can't do anything spontaneous, it's not that bad but when I've decided I will go to the grocery store on Wednesday there's no way I can go on Thursday, that's just crazy. Once something has been planned in my mind, it needs to happen the way I envisaged it. Otherwise, I don't function that well.
  9. Spiders and throwing up are my biggest fears.
    Whenever I tell people I have emetophobia, they look at me like "you have whaaaat?". It just means I have an irrational fear of throwing up. Sounds ridiculous, I know. But I've had it ever since I was a kid and I think it has something to do with the intense pain I always have when getting sick. My other fear, spiders, is more common, I guess. I can handle the little ones, but will yell very (very!) loudly if a bigger one approaches me. There's this anekdote in our family about it too. When I was little, I was playing in my cousins garden a few houses down the street when I saw I spider. I screamed so loud that my grandfather who was working in our house, came running down to street because he thought I was injured badly.
  10. I don't want to become a teacher.
    Yes, I'm studying to be a teacher, I'll soon start my internship and everything inside my body is screaming "THIS IS NOT FOR YOU!!". Ironically, growing up, being a teacher was my dream job. But now, actually doing it, I'm not so sure anymore. Or actually I am, just in the opposite direction. The longer I'm in this thing, the more I realise this is not my dream. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind after I've started my internship in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment