December 21, 2013

DIY Bow bobby pins

Usually, I don't really dress up all that much for the holidays. I mean, I throw on a nice dress, but that's kind of it. The last couple of days, I've noticed with my friends that I might be an exception. They're all stressing about what to wear, how to style their hair and busy with manicures, pedicures, waxing legs and eyebrows... Man, it's exhausting just hearing them talk about it. So I have a little suggestion for those who are just like my friends and don't know what to do with their hair yet. With these DIY bobby pins, your hairdo will look instantly cute and if anyone asks you where you got it, you can say "I made it myself". That's always a win for me.
You just need a little leftover fabric and you can follow this tutorial (or you can just type in 'DIY hair bow' on google and you'll have thousands of hits). I more or less did it the same way, I only used a bobby pin to attach it to (it's easier with my hair) and in step 6, I used an elastic rubber band to scrunch it all up instead of sewing it. But if you prefer to sew that will work just fine too. Have fun making/wearing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment