October 11, 2013

Buddy Project.

You may have noticed in the September-post that I signed up for the Buddy Project. The Buddy Project is a project in Leuven by which some older (graduated) persons go to the different schools and help the first graders with their homework. Since I'm planning on getting my teacher's degree this year, I have to get an internship in 2 schools. To reduce the workload a bit (we get lesser tasks to do), we can also opt for a diversity internship like for example the Buddy Project. And I took it. Yesterday was my first day and a little nervous, I stepped into the school. My two "budddies" were 2 great boys, couldn't stop talking and they basically walked me through everything. We played games and told stories about ourselves. I don't really know why I was that nervous but they reassured me. This is going to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment