September 24, 2013

First day of school.

Today is my first day of school (as you probably guessed from the title of this post) and I have to say I'm pretty nervous. The good kind of nervous though. Classes don't start until tomorrow, but today I get a first taste of what the rest of the year is going to be like. 
After graduating last year I decided to take an extra year and go for a teacher's degree. I wasn't sure - and I'm still not - if this is something for me. I'm quite easily intimidated standing in front of a large crowd. To stand in front of 20 high school students hitting puberty and trying to rebel (that's how I imagine it) terrifies me. Ironically, becoming a teacher was my childhood dream. I always forced my grandma to be my student and gave her homework for the next time. I can only hope that the real deal is going to be a bit like playing school with my grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment